Union County Children's Home
The Union County Children's Home was first established in March of 1884. The farm of William Gibson, located one mile east of Marysville, was rented for the establishment of the home. The Children's Home opened on April 1, 1884 with 25 children as the first residents. The supervisors were Mr. and Mrs. Byron Turner. In 1887 the county commissioners opted to purchase a new farmsite for the home. This farm, located two miles east of Marysville on the Marysville-Dover Pike, consisted of 95 acres purchased for the price of $65 per acre. A new building was built on the property in 1909 at the cost of $10,000. This is the building pictured above.
This is an index to the records of 1884 to 1907. This index was compiled by Virginia Smith for the Union County Genealogical Society. The actual records include a listing of the child, their parents, and who the child was sent to live with.
PLEASE NOTE: This is only an INDEX of children who resided at the Union County Children's Home from 1884 until 1907. Specific information regarding birthdates and parents is not listed in this index. If you require more information or assistance, please contact the Union County Genealogical Society through the link on our contact page.
Union County, Ohio Records Center and Archives - Stephen W. Badenhop, Coordinator